March 17, 2020
With the ongoing spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and the incredible speed at which things are changing around us, we believe it is our responsibility to provide you with as much information as possible about how the hotels in our portfolio are responding to this situation.
We have asked every hotel we work with to provide detailed information about what they are doing to keep their guests and staff safe. Already, hundreds have responded with policies that meet or exceed current CDC guidelines, with the promise that they will continue to update those policies as CDC guidelines evolve.
We will continue to send our weekend newsletters, but for the next few weeks we will only include hotels that are meeting these requirements:
- Waiving change and cancellation fees
- Providing full refunds and/or credit toward future stays when a reservation is cancelled
- Meeting or exceeding the latest CDC guidelines for reducing possible transmission
- Have designated areas and policies in place for quarantining anyone affected
- Are within driving distance for many of our readers
LuxuryLink.com will continue to operate as normal, with all hotels in our collection available for you to browse and book for future travel. Eventually, things will be back to normal, and dreaming up that post-virus vacation is perfectly safe and encouraged!
We will continue to monitor the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and will make appropriate decisions in the best interests and welfare of our readers. Please be sure to review the latest CDC guidelines should you make the decision to travel.